The Women’s Board of the Santa Barbara Museum of Art was established in 1951, ten years after the Museum opened. The Board’s purpose is to support the Museum by raising funds for its exhibitions, acquisitions, educational programs, and special projects. The Women’s Board is comprised of over one hundred members, who organize and sponsor fundraising events each year that also promote community awareness of and interest in the Museum.
Over the years the Women’s Board has contributed significantly to the Museum’s programs and activities as well as underwritten exhibitions and purchased works of art for the permanent collection. Various education programs supported by the Women’s Board introduce and promote art and its appreciation to children in Santa Barbara through hands-on creative activities. Learn more about contributions by the Women’s Board by following the links below.